Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Yarn Along


I LOVE participating in the Yarn Along...I'm a bit of a slow knitter, so I don't participate weekly, but every now and then when the stars are aligned properly I have a chance to knit & read something new and exciting!
Okay...knitting hats is getting kinda old...but I'm knitting a new hat!  I'm not using anything special...plain 100% wool bought from our local V&S Stedmans.  It's going to be a touque for a friend, probably with a stripe in the middle somewhere.  I swear to you all, this is the LAST hat I'm knitting for awhile. 
And books...
Ruby is reading the Meanwhile Adventures by Roddy Doyle...she says it's a great read...every few chapters she needs to stop to keep me up to speed...trust me, that means it's good!
And for Mama...Broken Open by Elizabeth Lesser.  Recommended by my blog partner Shanti, (as one of those life changing reads)...I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm hooked, and I think this will be one of those books that will help open me to the possibilities of my life. 
Can't wait to see what you're all reading and creating!
xo maureen


12 comments:

  1. Oh that book looks amazing and really REALLY hard. I am not sure that I am up for it, but I am really looking forward to hearing more. Please post updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to progress to hats ..but as washcloths are a challenge at present perhaps I better get up to speed first .
    My kids fell about reading Roddy Doyle's "Rover saves Christmas" so we'll have to find that one :0)

    http://erasmus-the-cats-cushion.blogspot.com/2009/11/roddy-doyle-says.html

    Your book title made me think of this small book which is a really fascinating read
    Mending hurts - (Swarthmore Lecture) - 1987
    by John Lampen

    Regards Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely not a knitter, but a huge reader. Right now I'm into Maureen Jennings, a mystery writer and author or the Murdoch Mystery series. If you have ever lived in the Toronto area, you'll find them very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Hats are fun - I love knitting on circular needles!
    Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be interested to hear an update on teh book as well. And I know what you mean about too many hats, but they are quick and that is a plus.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so sweet that your daughter loves her book so much. i look forward to my son being a voracious reader.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm, that book might be for me. Thanks for sharing it. Hats make me happy, wearing, knitting, giving, receiving... any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, everyone needs a hat! Why not knit away at them? I bought the Rover adventures for Ruby one year for her birthday (maybe last year) then forgot...gave her something else. Found the book upstairs. The Giggler Treatment is HILARIOUS as is "Rover Saves Christmas". I used to read them aloud to my class and we'd giggle till we almost peed our pants! They're that silly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hats can be fun but I like a bit of variety too! Keep us updated on your book - it's not too often a book comes so highly rated as to be life altering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the book recs. I had Broken Open out of the library about a year ago. I never got around to reading it and then I had to give it back to the library so never got around to actually reading it... Also, we I read a book with my 7 y.o. -- The Giggler Treatment by Roddy Doyle... very rude & VERY funny!

    Cheers!
    P.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did my fair share of hats this winter to but I love working on the circular needles :) Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting on my rainbow socks. Definitely give making socks a go. I'm a total newbie to knitting and if I can do it I know you can *grin*. Happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails