Sunday, February 27, 2011

spam!

I just got notice, (thank you for letting me know), that some people have received some "spam" that may look like it was "approved" by us.  Obviously these folks took alot of the e-mail addresses from our penpal signups, (I have now hidden all the comments).  I am so sorry about this...we would never ever ever approve of filling up your e-mail boxes with spam of any kind.  Please accept our heartfelt apologies, and if anyone knows of anything we can do to avoid this in the future, please let us know.
I know somewhere I read that if you put your e-mail address like so
twigandtoadstool(at)mail(dot)com, spammers can't use them...I don't know if there's any truth to this, but it's worth a try if you ever have to leave your e-mail address anywhere else.
goodness...it just disheartens me to know that there are such jerks out there!

sorry folks!
xo maureen

7 comments:

  1. Jerks, or opportunists? I guess it boils down to the same thing! I wanted to thank you for your efforts to connect kids with penpals...mine are so excited! Your intentions were good, and no one will blame you for any spam received...I hope!! Have a lovely Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I received some as well, but I knew it was spam, a nuisance for you, cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard back from our match-up...5 yo boy wondering if we got stuck in spam filter? our match was gossamer spider--thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might want to try using google documents for a sign up. I can help you out with that if you need it in the future. But basically, you can create a form, embed it and then it stores the information where others can't see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, how frustrating. Such a pity that the spammers piggy-backed on something so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love felt wee folk! I have the book and have made a few dolls. I love your version, which is more accessible for children and less of a time commitment for grown-ups. I'm going to try it. Thank you for bringing a breath of spring into my day. Where do you get wheat grass seeds, by the way? love, Beth

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails