Monday, April 11, 2011

Fern & Flower Adorned Eggs

There’s a bridge of wondrous light
Filled with colors shining bright


Red and orange, yellow, green,
The fairest colors ever seen,


Blue and violet, magic rose;
Down from heaven to earth it goes


Here we go, to and fro,
over the rainbow bridge we go.


Treading softly, treading slow,
over the rainbow bridge we go.


Gathering light from sun and star,
gathering light from heaven afar,
Down to earth all things to greet,
sharing the light with all we meet.



Here we go, to and fro,


over the rainbow bridge we go.
Treading softly, treading slow,
over the rainbow bridge we go.

After we created our Vibrant Vegetable Dyed Eggs  we decided to have some more fun with them. 
So we gathered up our pressed and dried treasures... flowers, grass, ferns, monarch wings...
Found our trusty mod podge and set out to embellish our eggs!
oh so easy..

Using a small paintbrush, apply a dab of Mod-Podge to the egg where the flower will go. Using the same brush, carefully pick up a flower, and gently decoupage it onto the egg. Apply another thin coat of Mod-Podge on top of all of your egg.

Allow the egg to dry on a skewer (I stuck mine in plants ~ seemed to work well) for about 10 minutes, or until the flowers are dry to the touch. 





I am looking for a way to hang these or display them for easter....
any good ideas?


Have a beautiful day!
~ Shanti ~




25 comments:

  1. These are so so wonderful! Thanks for sharing this beautiful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are stunning!! And you really captured their beauty in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness these are so beautiful. I've been inspired to press all sorts of things this year in anticipation of making these next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful! thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. These eggs are gorgeous! Too hang, you can take a small piece of a match, tie a string of yarn around it (in the middle of the wood stick) and stick it into the hole in the egg so that the match "blocks" the hole inside and the yarn comes out of the egg. Hope that makes sense :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you anonymous! I shall certainly give that a go. I would love to be able to hang these on a miniature twig tree.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them, will it work with fresh flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. They turned out beautifully! In Germany we hang blown out eggs on either pussy willow branches or forsythia branches. In a vase of course, not outside... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Frock farie ~ I think you could dry grass or (thin) delicate flowers in a matter of days. I tried mod podging with fresh flowers once and after a week or so they turned brown : (
    So I would suggest just sticking what you have in a heavy book and give it a go in a couple days.
    hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely the prettiest Easter eggs I've ever laid eyes on!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely! We do these eggs every year as well - and hang them on an egg tree! I'm so excited to do some eggs like yours.... they are stunning!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEautiful! I love these! I am featuring this at somedaycrafts.blogspot.com. Grab my "featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this! I will most definitely have to do this with my kiddos! You guys did wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are beautiful eggs. What an interesting idea :)

    Kelly
    Themysticalkingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are so lovely. The photos capture their colors so beautifully. We too put some dried flowers on ours but without the modpodge I think this would make a difference. This year we've hung ours on a dried seed branch from our palms but previously we've used dried branches from a cherry tree.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are absolutely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are fab.
    Do you know if mod-podge is just pva glue or is it something different? Don't seem to have it here in Blighty!

    We have been collecting things to stick to our blown goose eggs, but with three boys and no girls to balance them out, the collection is mostly of sticks, and a couple of beetles which I rescued and released!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so beautiful, Shanti, especially the butterfly wing! Amazing! love, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your blog - so many great ideas! I'd like to give you an award. Please stop by my site to pick it up in my next post! :)
    www.mamabirdwhatstheword.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shanti, these are so amazingly beautiful! All I have to say is WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are absolutely gorgeous. I love how they look so vibrant and the modge podge is such a graet idea! (Why didn't I think of that?)

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails