Monday, March 14, 2011

Acorn Bird's Nest




The hunger for spring is in the air! We can't wait to feast our eyes on the return of the Robins, listen to their cheerful song and hopefully get a peek of sweet bright blue eggs nestled in a nest.


Until that day arrives we decided make some wee nests to bring spring into the home!

To craft these miniatures you will need
Acorn caps
Small beans (we used soy)
Moss
Glue gun and glue
Robin blue paint
String


To begin paint your beans blue
Tip ~ I discovered that by painting on tinfoil, it keeps the beans from sticking as they dry.


Next put a dab of glue inside your acorn top and add the moss


Add your eggs with a dab of glue on each


With your glue gun draw a fine line of glue across the bottom of the acorn and up the sides. Carefully place your string into the glue and tie at the top to hang.


Oh the magic in miniatures...


For the love of spring

~ Shanti ~ 

17 comments:

  1. I love these so much! I think I might have to make some for family. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful! So cute. I have been thinking about making Acorn inspired pottery recently.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great idea! I'll have to see about making some of those for our Spring nature table. (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are darling! They're signature Shanti creations for sure. And I can't recall if I said this before, but your Advent Stick creations are gorgeous and inspired. The kids are going to LOVE them!

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What tiny treasures these are! Thanks for sharing the instructions!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, this is just about the sweetest little tree decoration I have ever seen!! Your creativity never ceases to inspire, I will try making some of these for our tree. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so enchanting, I think it should be made into jewellery to wear every day. I might just steal the idea! :) I bet little nest earrings would put a smile on the face of pretty much every woman (and girl) I know. Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a beautiful little nest! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for this amazing little craft! I made some and posted them on my blog, http://www.falafelandthebee.com/?p=4378
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. May I just complain about how LUCKY some people are who can go wandering out of the house and come back with acorns? Hmmm? LUCKY!!!! Now I'm disgruntled.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is the cutest little nest!! i cant wait to make this with my kids!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love the Idea. I will do this next Christmas. Bookmark it already.
    Feel Free to visit my blog starfall

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails