Friday, March 7, 2014

Spring Fairies



We are getting sick of the stark white world that surrounds us here.  
We NEED some rainbows and colour and hope!!
Enter the Spring fairy…fit for a St Patty's Day party or a Spring Fling.

To make your own you will need:
paint in rainbow colours
paintbrushes
peg figures
peg heads
bases for your pegs
wool felt
toothpick
scissors
beads, baubles
pipecleaners
glue gun and glue sticks
artificial leaves


To start gather your supplies…if you can't find pegs in your area you can order them online.
We get ours from stockade
Paint orange hair on your "heads"…paint rainbow stripes on the legs of your pegs.


Now paint 2 eyes and a mouth on your heads…
paint your bases whatever colour you wish.


Take a pipe cleaner and cut it in half…cut it in half again.  These will be your arms.
Wrap them around the "neck" of your peg.
Cut your felt into a rectangle…you will have to play with this part, but the basic shape is shown
in the photo above.  I did a scallop edge for the bottom.  Cut to fit.


Using your glue gun, glue the dress onto your peg.  Glue your "heads" on top.
Now…take 2 wooden toothpicks…cut off the sharp ends.  Paint these in rainbow colours.
(I stuck them into a small candle to dry…it was all I had on hand ;)


Take a beeswax crayon or red pencil crayon and colour some "cheeks" onto your face.  
We also did little pipe cleaner headbands.
Now cut your wands to size, and glue a little bauble on top…I had some little stars that I used, 
a bead would work too.


Glue on some "wings"…I used the leaf part of artificial flowers for this.
And we also decided to glue on a yarn necklace to cover the arms a bit.
All of these things are optional…imagination is strongly encouraged!
The Spring fairies are currently guarding over the Playmobil universe…
feels brighter in here already!

Maureen

3 comments:

  1. Such an interesting blog I find it very interesting and it is I'm in a bit of a problem with some of my assignments and I have just told someone that write my assignment for me I hope my problem will be resolved Well, I read your blog and it amazing Thanks for sharing such a good post, it's very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative post I really like it. Happy to hear about it more
    Kursi Tamu Mewah
    Kursi Tamu Mewah

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is some great information. I expect additional facts like this was distributed across the web today.
    divorce law in new jersey

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails