Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fairies For Tea


FAIRYLAND
A Fairy's house stands in a wood, Midst fairy trees and flowers,
Where daisies sing like little birds
Between the sun and showers, And grasses whisper tiny things
About this world of ours.
Such flowers are there beside the way, Lilies and hollyhocks:
Blow off their stalks to tell the time
Tall dandelion clocks; While harebells ring an hourly chime
Like a wound music-box.
Some day shall we two try to find
This strange enchanted place?
Go hand in hand through flower-lit woods
Where living trees embrace--And suddenly, as in a dream, Behold a fairy's face!
~~Author Unknown.~~


We have been deeply immersed in fairyland over here. 
 We were inspired by The Magic Onions Fairy Garden Contest and decided to bring our own fairy garden to life! 
It has been wonderful. I love how easily I can lose myself in creating miniatures for our fairy friends (yes that is my hand pouring tea for the fairies ; ).
I laugh to myself when I catch myself more immersed than the girls ~ mama's time to play!

Here's one of our wee creations for our fairy garden...

 and a quick how to.

Gather
Acorns
Birch bark
Pine cone 
Small twig
Glue gun

Cut your twig for the spout.
Glue it on.
Cut a thin strip of birchbark and glue on for a handle.
(It helps to fold the handle a bit a both ends for the glueing)
Glue on your acorn cap lid.
Brew up some fairy tea!
For your itty bitty tea cups ~ cut out a small circle of birchbark.
Glue on an acorn cap.
Cut and glue on a birch bark strip handle.
After creating our tea set, we realized these fairies would surely appreciate a fairy flower snack.
So we created this little plate out of pine cone scales and an acorn cap.
We filled it with fresh flowers and invited the fairies to tea!


In Fairy Love
~ Shanti ~

21 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! How cute is that?!! My daughter would be beside herself with such a tiny teaset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Lola and I will definitely have to make one for our fairies! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet tea treat for your faerie garden! I love it!!!!! Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH my how cute is this???? :D LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH OH OH! This is by far the most amazing thing I have seen!!!
    My daughter is going to go nuts for this!
    The perfect "start of summer holiday craft"!
    LOVE IT!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea, and so perfect for my Twig world, too. I hope you don't mind if I write it into my next story. It's such a sweet (and useful!) idea, if you happen to live in an old cedar tree.

    Thanks for the inspiration, Shanti! Love it!

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  7. How super duper adorable!! And we just picked some acorns this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is terribly, terribly sweet! Thank you so much for showing us how to make this. I'm going to make a set with my girls. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, precious fairy tea set! Wow! Now, THAT is playing with the fairies in style. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my word, that is just tooo cute! I have to do this with my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In love with this! Cutest idea ever! Need to find some acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I created a new "Cute" board on Pinterest just because I love this so much! TOOOO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable! Oh my goodness, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We LOVE having Fae Tea Parties too ....
    so meet You on Sparkly Rainbows
    for tea breaks and hugs all day long!
    Keep on creating and having fun !
    Blessings and Love
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! Thank you so much for sharing this idea and how you made it. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a beautiful idea.can't wait to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable ....j'adore . Est-ce que je peux vous prendre cette miniature pour la mettre sur mon blog en mettant votre adresse blog . Merci
    Bonne journée .
    Thérèse

    ReplyDelete
  18. love it what kind of glue sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for sharing your tutorial. I have shared it on my FB page here https://www.facebook.com/Awaywiththefairiesgardens

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails