Monday, June 18, 2012

Queen Summer

With summer solstice arriving this week...

Queen Summer 
joined us to welcome it in!

She is now gracing our summer nature table and would love to come to you too...

To bring her to life you will need to gather

silk flowers 
 felt 
wooden doll pin and stand 
 glue 
pipe cleaner 
roving 
acorn cap 


To begin wrap your pipe cleaner around the body (twisting it once in the back to hold better) and trim your arms to the length you desire.


Cut out a rectangle (double the length of the body) out of your felt and fold in half.


Draw what ever shape you would like for your dress and cut out. Remember to leave the top folded and mostly uncut. 
Cut a small hole for the head.


With your glue gun ~ glue down the sides and the sleeves.


Pull apart your silk flowers. 
 Fold them in half...


and cut the hole in the center just big enough to accommodate the felt covered doll pin.


Slide on your colorful flower petal skirt!


Glue on your roving for hair and then your acorn hat.
(She also asked for a wild strawberry flower for her hat ~ and that she got!)


We had pressed some wild strawberry flowers and wild strawberry leaves a couple of weeks ago and they seemed to just belong on her.


I can't help but smile when I pass her in our home.
To me she speaks of....
sunshine filled beach days
the taste of warm, juicy wild strawberries
the smell of bonfires
late night skinny dips
watermelon juice dripping down chins
feasting on the garden's bounty
sleeping under the stars
sunkissed skin
bold and beautiful flowers
floating on the water
and the glorious abundance that summer brings.


Happy Almost Summer Friends!

~ Shanti ~





15 comments:

  1. It's so special! Thanks a lot fot this wonderful tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word - she is GORGEOUS! Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her. Lola and I just made two of these: the Queen Summer and her sister. They are very summery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh! My daughter would love to make this little Queen of Summer! I can't wait to show her! It will have to wait a week though. She and I are off to the mountains to spend a week camping. A great opportunity to pick up and bring home some supplies from nature herself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. helllllloooooo Maureen and Shanti --- good to see you back ! This is Dawn (Autumnmama) in Alberta .... i am still around and still blogging at "The Urban Playgarden" ... love the new look and fresh ideas .... i will be sharing in July about everything i learn at my Waldorf training this summer so keep an eye out .... take care
    light and magic your way :)
    dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your summer queen! I didn't know that you could press strawberry blossoms (and the leaves are fantastic too) I had better get out there and pick some blooms soon!
    xoxo
    ~ joey ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable, i need to make some.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, I didnt even know you were blogging again, duh, I love your blog. I felt obliged to say though, despite most of your readers being Canadian or American, for your British readers (like myself), 'spunk' is a slang word for sperm. Just thought I should give you the heads up lol.
    Off to read your old/new posts.
    Val
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those sleeves! She's so bright and beautiful.
    dionne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for posting this beauty! My daughter and I didn't make it in time for the solstice, so we made flower fairies today. Same method but we added flower petal wings in back. These are *so* much faster than pipe cleaner dolls, and we LOVE that they stand! They have inspired much creative play already!
    kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love her ! And your photos are nice ! I will surely pick inspiration from this post !!! Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  13. its been long since i saw a post that's so educative and informational. i will make sure to share this my facebook group. you can also view contents on our websites below.

    French Bulldog Puppies For Sale

    French Bulldog Breeders

     French Bulldog Puppies For Sale Near Me

    French Bulldog Puppies For adoption

    French Bulldog Puppies


    Blue French Bulldog Puppies

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blogs are very interesting and refreshing my mind to invent something new. All your blogs are so inspiring and excellent. Thankyou for sharing. Buy Bulk Gmail Accounts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anyone looking to buy bulk LinkedIn accounts. Our website is the best place to buy LinkedIn accounts with instant delivery. All fresh and aged LinkedIn accounts are available. we offer the most secure and most efficient service to buy LinkedIn accounts
    Buy Bulk LinkedIn Accounts

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails