Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Velvet Green Soup

"Spring" into spring with a detoxifying soup that tastes good! I know it looks a little strange ~ green soup?! but oh so delish. One of my favorite things about this soup is that it can be ready to eat in under 25 minutes.
Cauliflower is one of those superfoods that help fight cancer and assists in stimulating the liver out of stagnancy. Adding collard greens or kale like I did here makes it more of a one pot meal — these greens fortify the soup with calcium, iron and chlorophyll. You could use spinach or chard too.
I plan to make lots of this soup, come summer, when kale and chard are abundant in my garden!

Velvet Green Soup


1 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
sea salt
1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets (use stem too)
filtered water
5 large kale or collard leaves, stems removed and sliced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill or 2 tsp dried to taste
3 tablespoons tahini
fresh black pepper or hit of cayanne

Warm oil in a large pot over medium heat, add onions and saute for 4 or 5 minutes. Add garlic and salt and continue cooking for a couple more minutes. Add cauliflower and pour in filtered water until it reaches just below the surface of the cauliflower, don’t add too much, you can always add more later when blending the soup. Turn up the heat and bring to a boil. Cover pot, reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Add greens, stir and simmer a few minutes longer. Remove from heat, stir in dill and tahini. let sit 5 minutes to cool slightly. Using an upright blender, blend soup in batches until smooth, adding more water it’s too thick. Return to pot and season with extra salt and pepper.

Enjoy this soup and its velvety deliciousness.

~Shanti~

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CEO is the highest rank in any company or in the organization. CEO full form SOS is a Morse code. This code distress signal and used internationally. SOS full form

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is looking so delicious I want to make it before my exam I'm too depressed from my exam but I got Nursing assignment help service for my exam that help me in my exams then I will make this soap.

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails