Friday, December 10, 2010

Sharing Some Toadstool Love!

I wanted to share this simple tutorial as an enchanted offering for those wee folk on your Christmas list ~ or for those young at heart, woodland lovers.

Toadstool Potato Print Tees!
(or bags, pillow cases, cards, baby clothes, gift boxes or wrappings...)



To make these you will need
Fabric paints
a potato 
paint brush
a tee shirt


To begin cut your potato in half and cut out "handles" on the top of your potato stamp (not absolutely necessary but it makes it easier to stamp with). 


Next cut/carve out your toadstool shapes ~ (the top and bottom are from separate pieces of potato).


    and then firmly press down on your shirt.
Place a piece of cardboard on the inside of the shirt to prevent  it from leaking through.
Blot the surface of your potato to dry up any moisture.
You can dip your toadstool cap into paint or (what I prefer) use a paint brush and paint on the color


Next stamp your stem.



Then with a paint brush carefully add your white dots and a little green grass if you like!


Voila!


In woodland love
~ Shanti ~ 



8 comments:

  1. How gorgeous - I think I could just about manage to make one, and i know a little someone who's getting fabric paints for Christmas! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are just adorable. I haven't done potato prints since I was little and never on fabric. What a great idea.

    Blessings, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!

    I have an award for you:

    http://educationofours.blogspot.com/2010/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I seem to have a thing for toadstools and especially love this tutorial.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderrful blog with lot´s of ideas to "steal" :-) gonna use ém at my preschool for sure!

    /Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore these, I am making these today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Lovely! I love how simple, yet amazing your tutorials are. Can't wait to make a few!

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails