Thursday, July 12, 2012

Wax Rocks


Looking for a simple summer activity?


These wax rocks just might fit the bill!

Here's how it works...
Gather some rocks.

Warm them in the oven or out in the bright sun until they are nice and hot.


With tongs place them on a sheet of paper.


Take your crayons and draw away!


The girls we delighted to see how the colors swirled and blended.


The best rocks for this seem to be river stones if you can find some ~ nice and smooth.


Somehow wearing a cat mask seems to help with the process too ; )


Quick warning... hot rocks + little hands may = ouch!
Needless to say this is an activity for close supervision.



With Love
~ Shanti ~ 

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Certainly a craft that I need to put on my list as soon as summer hits!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite activities to do with my son! It is true close supervision is a MUST! I heated the rocks up in the oven, but am curious to try heating them with the sun. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, I've never seen that fun, we have plenty of rocks around here so I'll have to give it a go. Love the effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is really cool!! Thanks for sharing, I'm always looking for ideas for my kids to break from the usual daily routinue

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow it would be a great little rainy day project

    ReplyDelete
  6. tried it amazing

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails