Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Pine Cone Flowers



Even with our gardens lush with fresh flowers ~ I just can't seem to get enough of them!

These little flowers were inspired by some big pine cones I found a the beach.
Easy to make. Pretty to look at.

Here is a how to... 
With garden shears cut the scales off a pine cone.

For the center flower, cut apart a small pine cone. Leave 2 or 3 sets of scales together and voila you have yourself a wee flower.


Cut a piece of felt into a circle.


Glue on your scales around the outside edge.



Glue on a second row of scales in the circle.

Glue your little flower in the center.
There you have it!


These little flowers can have many homes....
We glued some to hair clips, onto magnets for the fridge, put some into our fairy house. Thinking these would also make lovely gift toppers or tree ornaments. 
So many options!

In flower heaven
~ Shanti ~

13 comments:

  1. Oh, what a fabulous idea! We have so many pine cones. I see us making lots of pine flowers very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just lovely. They will make a great table decoration for Thanksgiving, or any fall dinner, I think. And they're simple enough even for me. Thanks for sharing this idea, Shanti.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love them. So creative.

    Jen
    Creative and Curious Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Very pretty! My KCCO post is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/07/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. I may have to hunt to find pine cones that are big enough though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this! I'm going to try to make at least one, and see if my sweet girl likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theses are lovely. I have some cones that are screaming to be made into these. Thanks for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neat! onto Pinterest it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so beautiful!! I've got to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Luv these! Can't wait to try them as pkg. decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails