Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Rainbow Dyed Daisies



I love daisies. Their sweet summer faces always delight me as they freckle the fields. I thought it might be fun to use that daisy white as a palette for a rainbow of colors. 
My littlest and I really enjoyed watching them change color over time. It was magic before our eyes! 
Best part... it's super simple.

Gather up some daisies.

Cut the daisy stems below water at an angle and cut them fairly short, so the dye has less to travel up. 
Place 10-20 drops of food coloring into a small vase or jar (or we used tall shot glasses). If you want to do a rainbow of flowers, make one up for each color.
Add warm water to the dye and place your daisies in their new colored drink!


Leave them overnight and wake up to a rainbow!!







Can you tell I was in love with this project?!

So pretty.



In daisy love,
Shanti

2 comments:

  1. Awesome Sauce! This is great! We can walk to the railroad tracks and pick them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is THE coolest thing I have ever seen! I am SO trying this! (And I don't even have a little girl to share it with. Guess I'll just have to be that little girl!) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails