Today we spent a lovely day ~ despite the ridiculous heat ~ at a salve making workshop, making "Forest Girl Healing Salve". My talented and good friend Sigrid, is the mastermind and queen bee behind Sigrid naturals. She wild crafts and blends her own local organic slaves, creams, spritzers and other herbal delights, using only the highest quality ingredients. Here is a peek into our inspiring day we spent with her.
Our first step was gathering wild plants from her lush back yard...
~mainly the majestic comfrey~
We also dug, gathered and washed the comfrey roots...
It was a full experience of pull, dig, taste, touch, pour, mix, share and learn.
Each girl was able to design their own personal lable . Luna's ~ "Luna's Flower Power" and Solana's ~ "Perfectly Fresh". They were lovin' it!
Here is Sigrid"s basic recipe...
- harvest herbs......such as comfrey, mullein, clover...
- put beeswax in mason jar and melt via double boiler style
- place herbs in a glass pot and cook on min for 1 hour in extra virgin olive oil
- strain herbs....its easiest with cheese cloth and a big mason jar
- mix HOT herbal infused olive oil with hot melted beeswax
- 5 parts oil to 1 part beeswax
- pour your beautiful salve into a clean glass jar and label with the ingredients.
Sigrid Natural Skin Care
handmade. locally produced. wildcrafted
olive oil being poured for the boil
chopping the comfrey roots and other plants for our concoction
the girls fabulous finished labels
It was delightful to experience the fullness of natures gifts with these nature loving, eager, little girls! I am grateful to have been inspired, once again, by nature's bounty.