Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Party Week...Ruby Maude turns 7 today...come see a bit of our Rainbow Party!!!


This is the mantra of mothers everywhere, "I can't believe my child is (insert age here) already!!!".  And it's true...I simply can't believe that I am now the mother of a seven year old.  When Ruby woke up this morning she says, "Oh...I'm SO glad to be seven...I was getting SO tired of being six!!!"    What a delight this girl is to us...creative and sassy and bright...oh my sweet little miss, (don't let her know I used the word "little"...when you are seven it is considered a great offense!!).  This is also the celebration of my own "birth" day...it took days to birth this girl...eventually ending in a c-section...when I think back on that time, I am so proud of myself and my birth team for keeping a sense of humour, energy, love and light around the birth of this girl!!

So...today in honor of our dear Ruby, gem of a daughter, we had a Rainbow Party.  I wanted to share with you some of the simple things we did, (I'm talking low stress here mammas), to make this party happen.
I found some great FREE printables here  we printed out some of the flags, and the cupcake toppers...so simple, and yet they are just so darn sweet!!


one of our Rainbow banners that we printed off!!!

For party favours we went for a walk in the woods and cut some branches, (we decided to use fresh branches, so they wouldn't be so brittle), cut them into 2 foot lengths...after that I took 3 ft lengths of ribbon, (in rainbow colours), and tied them on, (in a double knot)...that's it...beautiful rainbow wands for all the kids to take home.




This is something you should do just for the fun of it...Rainbow party or not!  The kids LOVE waving around these fancy wands...and to think, to make 28 of them it cost me roughly $5.00!!!

Tomorrow, I'll share with you some of the pictures of our wonderful party, and another birthday tradition we do here at the Toadstool!  Now, we're off to hang out on the bed and watch a movie together...we got the new Alice in Wonderland...should be a fun wander down the ol rabbit hole!!

Happy Birthday Ruby Maude...we love you!!
xoxoxoxox
maureen




14 comments:

  1. Happy birthday sweet Ruby! Love those wands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to celebrate another birthday at the Toadstool...those group shots will be passed around for generations to come...maybe even printed in the Leader "Do You Know Where They Are Now?" (probably raising their own kids in the Wilno hills! haha!) A lovely remembrance or your, and her birth-day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I could get from Middling was a gushing, "It was so FUN"! When I asked her what they all did that was so fun, she replied, "Had fun!" So, whatever y'all did, it was a BIG hit that defies description. I love the ribbon wands and those cupcakes with their toppers are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ruby, great wands xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 7th Birthday, Ruby. Running around with ribbons is so simple and so much fun. My lot have been swirling and twirling with ribbons in the garden this week. Now I know what they were missing. Off to find some sticks.... Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you lovely ladies for your birthday wishes...Wabi Sabi...truly, we just let the kids lead the way today...there were games of duck duck goose, drive way hockey, hide and seek, and random acts of tree climbing...what a picture it would have been, about 20 rainbow clad kids up in the Oak tree...and me, not able to find my camera in time!!! You were missed dear mamma friend! Steph...a group shot shall be sent out to all soon...I think the group shot may well be one of the highlights of our birthday parties!!
    Thank you mammas xoxox
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy B-day Ruby! I love these ribbon twirlers. Even though my son will only be turning 1 this Sep., we are having a color party for him and will have to make these for the older kids to twirl. I am addicted to your blog along with a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those wands look fun! You could really do them for a lot of different parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Ruby!! Looks like a super fun party!! i love the rainbow wands! Super sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely wands, and a happy birthday to the birthday girl...

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooohhh... I LOVE the rainbow wands. Happy 7th Birthday to Ruby. My little guy will 7 this coming Wednesday and I'm looking forward to his party next weekend... we've got sky-prop propeller toys as party favors...

    (& happy birthday to us mamas, too!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!สล็อต เว็บ ตรง

    ReplyDelete

We ((LOVE)) your comments!!! Thank you with all our hearts for visiting us here at Twig and Toadstool. xo

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails